Ads 468x60px

Friday 12 October 2012

Samsung Officially Reveals the Mid-Range Galaxy S III Mini

We gave you a heads up yesterday that today would be the day Samsung reveals the Samsung Galaxy S III mini. Sure enough, the supposed mini version of Samsung’s flagship device is now official with Samsung making the announcement today in Germany. As a refresher from yesterday’s leak, the specs are now official for the pint-sized device. We’ll be looking at a 4-inch 800×480 Super AMOLED display, 5MP camera, 1GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Like some of you (based on yesterday’s comments), I’m guilty of setting my expectations too high initially for this device. When I first heard the name, I instantly assumed somewhere in the neighborhood of the Galaxy S III innards, only in a smaller package. I falsely assumed Samsung wanted to capture that market that isn’t crazy about the larger displays. However, it looks like all they’re doing is releasing a Galaxy device to compete in the mid-range market. I guess I can’t really blame them after all. I just wish they would’ve come up with a different name. Let’s face it; the only thing this device has in common with the Galaxy S III is the design and that “inspired by nature” moniker. There’s no word yet on pricing or an LTE version but keep checking here for details. Hit the break for the full press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment